Mac OS X
Note: This how-to is incomplete
Note: Currently building on OS X is broken, the Lua engines cannot be built. So if it fails for you too, just disable it in CMake and don't build it! We are working on it!
- - MySQL puts the sock file in /tmp/mysql.sock. many *nix programs are looking for it in /var/mysql/mysql.sock. To fix execute:
sudo ln -s /tmp/mysql.sock /var/mysql/mysql.sock
If you get the error "ln: /var/mysql/mysql.sock: No such file or directory" then you must first create the mysql directory like so:
sudo mkdir /var/mysql
- - MySQL also needs its own little bash profile line added. Execute this command in terminal:
- XCode and other Dev tools installed from Mac OSX DVD, or the Apple developer site
- PHP and Apache (both built in to mac)
- SVN (comes bundled with XCode)
- MacPorts  (recommended but not fully required, it makes getting missing items a lot easier)
- PCRE library
If any of the links are dead, just search for the name of the projects using a search engine like Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.
Getting the sources
- Make a directory for Arcemu, for example:
mkdir arcemu ; cd arcemu
- Check out the source code using SVN
git clone git://github.com/arcemu/arcemu.git code
building and installing PCRE
- Extract the contents of the PCRE package to some directory
- Enter the directory
- If you are on a 64bit system then just type
otherwise you will have to type
CFLAGS=" -m32" CXXFLAGS=" -m32" ./configure
- Start to build with
- Finally when it's done, install it
sudo make install
- Go to the directory where you checked out the sources
( /path/to/your/source is the path to the Arcemu directory, in my case it's /Users/dfighter/arcemu )
- Create a build folder, where you will build
mkdir build ; cd build
- Generate the makefiles with CMake
cmake -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX=/YOUR/DIRECTORY/HERE/ ../code/cmake
( /YOUR/DIRECTORY/HERE/ is the directory where after building Arcemu you will want the system to copy the files, in my case it's /Users/dfighter/arc335a )
- Start the build
- When it's done, unless you got an error and it failed, install the files
~ DBC Extraction ~
To extract DBCs, follow the guide on the page below. The precompiled linux native executable should work on Macs.
~ Map Extraction
- Place ad.exe into the client's root directory. ("/Applications/World of Warcraft/")
- Create a subdirectory called 'maps'. ("/Applications/World of Warcraft/maps")
- Using the Terminal type,
cd /Applications/World\ of\ Warcraft wine ./ad.exe
if you get a message saying that wine is not found, and you did install it using macports. That is because the default app dir for macports isnt in the PATH variable. So, for a quick bypass, give it the full path to wine, which is "/opt/local/bin/wine" (without quotes) Note: while ad.exe is running, the screen will look like it is doing some funky things. (symbols everywhere) This is normal, as the code used to process a progress bar was 'extremely' windows console specific. Just wait until your screen stops doing things (30-60mins) until moving to the next part.
- When ad.exe has finished, move the folder "/Applications/World of Warcraft/maps" and paste it in your Arcemu server directory ("/arcemu/server/bin/"). So you should now have a "/arcemu/server/bin/maps" directory containing numerous .bin files.
- Refer to the windows howto at the moment.
After you have the files, type :
sudo mkdir /arcemu/server/DBC sudo mkdir /arcemu/server/maps
and then copy the DBC and maps files to those directories.
For now read 
To start the server run Terminal and type:
cd /arcemu/server/ then ./arcemu-logonserver
and in a second terminal window:
cd /arcemu/server then ./arcemu-world
Congratulations, play away.
You're now ready to move on to Server configuration