Drug Testing in the Work place
Many public and private organizations select to implement drug testing as part of their retaining requirements. Similarly there are businesses that enforce a random drug testing rule for all existing and brand-new employees too. There are two schools of thoughts where drug testing ought to continually be enforced and where drug testing need to be enforced just when there is a reason for suspicion in the workplace.
Drug Testing involves a urine sample (in most cases) and a blood sample (in rare cases) when a person is tested for prescription and recreational drugs. Before the individual undergoes the specific drug testing, she/he is asked to disclose all of the medications/drugs they are presently using on standard basis. It's the recreational drugs (pot, cocaine, heroin, etc.) that are a cause for concern for virtually all employers who enforce drug testing as a screening necessity. For individuals who test positive for recreational drugs, nine out of ten times they are disqualified from the employment retaining process. If a person is granted an opportunity to make clear their test results, he/she will be subjected to another drug test prior to a final employment decision is made.
Such testing is a common practice in organizations where people are hired to work sensitive positions, safeguard info and maintain a higher level of discretion in order to give services to internal and external customers. various places that enforce drug testing are: retail stores, government departments, monetary and academic institutions, private and public businesses, etc. Not all companies that claim to execute drug testing do so immediately upon retaining workers, such places enforce random drug testing procedures. To the contrary, there are businesses where drug testing is a pre-requisite for moving to round two of an interview. Having worked in quite a few places that enforce drug testing, I can share what job candidates can expect.
Job applicants can be asked to offer a test directly via an employer and/or a job agency. Ninety-nine percent of the time this necessity is shared with job candidates before they apply for such positions. Majority of people (after being hired) are granted a medical sheet to fill out before reporting to a local drug testing facility. I recommend highly showing up at the facility half an hour prior to they open since there will be a morning rush that will follow; too to avoid visiting the facility during lunch time or right before they close for the day.
What need to you expect pass drug test?
Upon entering the facility, make sure to get access and wait to be called. Some offices are so busy that if you are not present when your name is called, they'll skip over you and move on to the next patient. When called, be sure to allow them know that the employer is spending for the drug testing. As a back up, it's possible for the front desk to ask for your insurance information if the employer sheet doesn't have all the necessary info . While waiting in the lobby, a nurse will call your name and you'll be escorted to a private room in the facility. They'll ask you specific questions regarding your health, soon after the nurse will give you specific instructions for preparing a urine sample.
Here are some of my observations from experience:
1. When the nurse hands you the glass for the urine sample, she/he will be waiting for you outside the bathroom. All interaction outside the bathroom is closely monitored by a nurse, other personnel members and of course surveillance cameras.
2. It is possible they could ask you to shut the door Yet not to lock it. Nurses monitor patient traffic around their desk and bathroom too they pick-up all the noise from waiting outside the bathroom. Do not be shaken if he/she ask you "is every thing okay?".
3. ordinarily the nurse will ask the sufferer to not remove or neat up after using the toilet. This is for safety reasons and to be certain that no alternative specimens are being discarded in the facility.
4. If you cannot fill the mug to its minimum urine necessity, you will be asked to drink more water and come back another time OR you'll need to wait longer prior to delivering a sample. My advice is to consume your drinks about 90 minutes prior to your appointment time at the facility. Coffee, tea and water work very best as drinks. It's unusual yet not uncommon for patients to return to the facility if their urine test shows a very diluted sample on account of excess water in the results. This occurrence could not appropriately read other particles in the urine therefore generating a reddish flag.
5. It takes about 10-15 minutes from the moment the nurse escorts you to the bathroom and finalizes the documents for your sample. After the sample is taken, you'll be asked to sign the sheets before a copy is handed to you for your records. Your sample will be sent to an exterior lab to run an analysis for a report.
6. The test results usually take 3-4 days and could be sooner if the employer is paying extra for an expedited process.
seven. All these test results go directly to the employer. You shall be informed of your test results regardless of the outcome. Majority of employers won't permit the individual begin their 1st day of work until test results are approved.
eight. In regards to drug testing for an employer, the employer chooses which drug facility you will pay a visit to. Some employers have special accounts with certain offices that grant volume price reduction. Also for security and validity reasons, employers might enforce extra identity verification precautions. There are different ways of performing drug testing, the most frequent is urine samples. There also exist blood testing, skin testing and hair follicle analysis.
9. If in doubt, don't attempt to cheat the drug testing process. Any suspicious behavior of tampering with samples can automatically disqualify you from being granted a drug test and the employer will be instantly notified. Keep in mind, karma visits individuals when they least expect it!
ten. Relax and you'll be fine. Instead of worrying over the testing, you should be thinking of the job opportunity you'll be working in a short period of time. At the end of the day, it is what it's.